Bio-X Society™ was founded in 2010 to encourage development and dissemination of knowledge through collaborative efforts by scientists around the world, in the life sciences interdisciplinary arena. Our mission is realized through numerous workshops and our annual conference, oftentimes held in a region drenched in history and world heritage.
Membership to the Society is open to scientists who share the stated purpose of the Society and who have educational, research, or practical experience in the bio and life sciences, or in an allied scientific field. Categories of membership include student, early career, regular, Lab/Group and emeritus.
Membership runs on a calendar year, From January 1st and expires each year on December 31st regardless of when applications are received. Membership fees are non-refundable.
Benefits of Membership include:
Bio-X Society members receive many intangible benefits, including representation through committee outreach and advocacy efforts for the Life Science field and for its funding at the NIH, NSF, DOE, and other agencies. The tangible benefits are many and in multiple areas, including publications, meetings, career development, and funding opportunities.
- Members pay significantly reduced rates for our annual conferences.
- Members pay significantly reduced rates for the social activities at our annual conferences.
- Members pay reduced rates for our thematic workshops / meetings.
- Student members are eligible to apply for Bio-X travel grants.
- Only members may submit, sponsor, and present an abstract at the Annual Meeting.
- Members are eligible for our prestigious Bio-X Society Awards.
- Members are eligible to apply for funds to support meetings they organize.
- Members are eligible to join subgroups and to create new subgroups in their areas of research.
- Members are eligible to apply for funds to host a local networking event.
- Only members may contribute to the printed conference proceedings.